Art Classes in Montreal
- Learn the five basic skills of drawing
- Our blend of traditional and modern teaching styles helps everyone learn to draw realistically
- Draw in a warm and cosy atmosphere
- Our innovative teaching methods are recognized by the English Montreal School Board where we've trained dozens of art teachers
- Become comfortable, confident and competent drawing live models
- Truly understand the human body in three dimensions so you can bring out the form no matter what the model's position or how foreshortened the pose.
- Learn some tips and tricks for drawing a more convincing and life-like silhouette that even many professionals don't know!
- Gain a powerful method to sketch anything with speed and accuracy
- Learn to construct your drawings and draw-through just like the top artists in the entertainment industry as well as in commercial and fine art
- Develop a strong foundation for drawing from life and design from imagination
- Learn five essential techniques for constructing your drawings
- Understand how to represent movement
- Overcome your perceptual limitations and develop a trained eye
- Understand the three most common mistakes artists make when trying to draw moving bodies and objects and learn to avoid them
- Become proficient in one of the most important skills in visual arts: drawing in perspective!
- Understand the 5 most common mistakes which make your drawings look less realistic and learn how to avoid them
- Acquire a step-by-step method for analyzing any urban scene or constructing your own realistic and well-rendered objects and environments
- Gain expertise in representing the human figure as a combination of simple forms so you represent the human body from imagination with proper proportion, volume and depth.
- Become proficient in visualizing the head as a series of planes so you can accurately construct and render the human head from imagination
- Learn how light describes form and creates volume so you can apply correct shading to any figure to make it appear 3-dimensional.
- Learn to draw believable heads with a convincing sense of form and three-dimensionality
- Understand how to draw facial features accurately and to adjust for individual differences so you can capture someone's unique likeness
- Gain proficiency drawing facial expressions that communicate emotion, intention and personality
- Learn the most powerful techniques to beautifully depict male and female figures
- Understand how the most important joints of the human body allow our characteristic movements so that you can construct authentic and lifelike figures in motion
- Gain expertise in representing the major muscle groups in a variety of poses so you can convincingly depict both male and female forms
- Learn a basic, step-by-step method for direct painting that's so fast and efficient that teachers from other schools come to take this class!
- Get comfortable mixing colours, blending tones, and working in oil
- Understand how to use tonality, intensity, and colour temperature to create form, depth, strong compositions, contrasts, and harmonies
- Learn a simple, fun, fast and forgiving method for watercolour painting that you can use with live models, photographic reference or plein-air landscape/architectural work.
- Understand how to prepare your painting so you can work quickly, spontaneously and freely, taking advantage of happy accidents, expressing mood and atmosphere while preserving realism and accuracy.
- Strengthen your art fundamentals and become proficient with using your tablet so you can create competent digital sketches
- Gain proficiency in the most essential Photoshop tools and adjustments that concept artists use everyday
- Gain expertise in creating and customizing your own brushes in Photoshop to improve your workflow, explore inspiring shapes and create desired effects
- Become proficient in a powerful method of visual communication so you can convey your ideas through your concepts in a compelling manner
- Gain proficiency in shape design and language so you can easily create multiple concepts with differing personalities
- Acquire expertise in all the steps in the concept art process so you can create visually stunning concept art pieces
- Become proficient posing and painting your characters and giving them a feeling of weight and volume.
- Understand the five most common mistakes which make your character paintings look unprofessional and learn to avoid them
- Learn the best methods for rendering skin, hair and clothing.
Gain proficiency in a variety of concept design methods so you can solve any visual design problem you encounter
Avoid the common design pitfalls that plague junior designers so you can eliminate bad ideas quickly and develop strong concepts faster and more efficiently
Learn to create production-ready model sheets so your designs can be fully realized in a game or film production
- Become proficient in the essential principles of composition so you can create realistic and visually compelling illustrations
- Acquire the skills to quickly create a variety of unique and interesting thumbnail sketches so you have strong base for your final illustration.
- Learn how to effectively choose the optimal light source so you can create the desired mood and atmosphere for your illustrations
- Learn the different types of cartooning and how you can use them to powerfully express your ideas
- Study with a 26-year industry veteran of the cartooning, comics and animation industries
- Learn the most essential techniques that are used to create visually appealing cartoons