Art Classes in Montreal
Drawing from Life
- Learn the five basic skills of drawing
- Our blend of traditional and modern teaching styles helps everyone learn to draw realistically
- Draw in a warm and cosy atmosphere
- Our innovative teaching methods are recognized by the English Montreal School Board where we've trained dozens of art teachers
- Gain a powerful method to sketch anything with speed and accuracy
- Learn to construct your drawings and draw-through just like the top artists in the entertainment industry as well as in commercial and fine art
- Develop a strong foundation for drawing from life and design from imagination
Drawing the Human Form
- Become comfortable, confident and competent drawing live models
- Truly understand the human body in three dimensions so you can bring out the form no matter what the model's position or how foreshortened the pose.
- Learn some tips and tricks for drawing a more convincing and life-like silhouette that even many professionals don't know!
- Learn five essential techniques for constructing your drawings
- Understand how to represent movement
- Overcome your perceptual limitations and develop a trained eye
- Understand the three most common mistakes artists make when trying to draw moving bodies and objects and learn to avoid them
Drawing The Head and Features
- Learn to draw believable heads with a convincing sense of form and three-dimensionality
- Understand how to draw facial features accurately and to adjust for individual differences so you can capture someone's unique likeness
- Gain proficiency drawing facial expressions that communicate emotion, intention and personality
Urban Sketching in Perspective
- Become proficient in one of the most important skills in visual arts: drawing in perspective!
- Understand the 5 most common mistakes which make your drawings look less realistic and learn how to avoid them
- Acquire a step-by-step method for analyzing any urban scene or constructing your own realistic and well-rendered objects and environments
Advanced Figure Drawing
- Learn the most powerful techniques to beautifully depict male and female figures
- Understand how the most important joints of the human body allow our characteristic movements so that you can construct authentic and lifelike figures in motion
- Gain expertise in representing the major muscle groups in a variety of poses so you can convincingly depict both male and female forms
Expressive Painting in Watercolour
- Learn a simple, fun, fast and forgiving method for watercolour painting that you can use with live models, photographic reference or plein-air landscape/architectural work.
- Understand how to prepare your painting so you can work quickly, spontaneously and freely, taking advantage of happy accidents, expressing mood and atmosphere while preserving realism and accuracy.
Foundations of Painting
- Learn a basic, step-by-step method for direct painting that's so fast and efficient that teachers from other schools come to take this class!
- Get comfortable mixing colours, blending tones, and working in oil
- Understand how to use tonality, intensity, and colour temperature to create form, depth, strong compositions, contrasts, and harmonies
Intro to Concept Art
- Become proficient in a powerful method of visual communication so you can convey your ideas through your concepts in a compelling manner
- Gain proficiency in shape design and language so you can easily create multiple concepts with differing personalities
- Acquire expertise in all the steps in the concept art process so you can create visually stunning concept art pieces
Essential Skills Bootcamp
- Gain proficiency in line sketching and delineation so your artwork displays the right emotion, style and level of detail across different scales
- Learn how to break down the human body as a simple and effective combination of shapes so you can portray any figure accurately
- Become proficient in drafting storyboards so you can convey your story or concepts in a visually appealing way
Intro to Character Design
- Learn a powerful step by step method to develop quality character concepts that evoke the desired emotions from the audience
- Gain expertise in shape language so you can efficiently communicate your character’s personality
- Become proficient in essential thumbnail creation techniques so you can visualize multiple variations of your characters and arrive at the best possible version
Visual Development for Games
- Develop the skills that are required to create characters and props that suit specific game-play needs.
- Become proficient in developing environments with varied lighting and weather conditions for them.
- Take a giant leap towards realizing your dream of advancing your skill-set and building an effective portfolio.
- Become proficient posing and painting your characters and giving them a feeling of weight and volume.
- Understand the five most common mistakes which make your character paintings look unprofessional and learn to avoid them
- Learn the best methods for rendering skin, hair and clothing.
- Receive coaching from a professional comic book artist and make your own 3 page mini-comic that you can be proud of
- Learn effective techniques for all major steps of the comic-book making process: layouts, penciling, inking, lettering and colouring
- Learn a few tricks in Photoshop and Illustrator that will save you hours of work