Art Classes in Montreal
Drawing from Life
- Learn the five basic skills of drawing
- Our blend of traditional and modern teaching styles helps everyone learn to draw realistically
- Draw in a warm and cosy atmosphere
- Our innovative teaching methods are recognized by the English Montreal School Board where we've trained dozens of art teachers
- Gain a powerful method to sketch anything with speed and accuracy
- Learn to construct your drawings and draw-through just like the top artists in the entertainment industry as well as in commercial and fine art
- Develop a strong foundation for drawing from life and design from imagination
Drawing the Human Form
- Become comfortable, confident and competent drawing live models
- Truly understand the human body in three dimensions so you can bring out the form no matter what the model's position or how foreshortened the pose.
- Learn some tips and tricks for drawing a more convincing and life-like silhouette that even many professionals don't know!
- Learn five essential techniques for constructing your drawings
- Understand how to represent movement
- Overcome your perceptual limitations and develop a trained eye
- Understand the three most common mistakes artists make when trying to draw moving bodies and objects and learn to avoid them
Urban Sketching in Perspective
- Become proficient in one of the most important skills in visual arts: drawing in perspective!
- Understand the 5 most common mistakes which make your drawings look less realistic and learn how to avoid them
- Acquire a step-by-step method for analyzing any urban scene or constructing your own realistic and well-rendered objects and environments
Urban Sketching in Perspective 2
- Gain expertise in measuring angles from real structures so you can easily draw urban landscapes with believable depth and level of detail
- Learn how to accurately draw any urban setting, complete with vehicles, road signs and architectural elements in 3-point perspective
- Acquire the skills required to create vibrant silhouette studies and select and enhance the main subject of the composition
Foundations of Painting
- Learn a basic, step-by-step method for direct painting that's so fast and efficient that teachers from others schools come to take this class!
- Get comfortable mixing colours, blending tones, and working in oil
- Understand how to use tonality, intensity, and colour temperature to create form, depth, strong compositions, contrasts, and harmonies
Expressive Painting in Watercolour
- Learn a simple, fun, fast and forgiving method for watercolour painting that you can use with live models, photographic reference or plein-air landscape/architectural work.
- Understand how to prepare your painting so you can work quickly, spontaneously and freely, taking advantage of happy accidents, expressing mood and atmosphere while preserving realism and accuracy.
- Become proficient in the most powerful painting techniques and learn when to use each to get the best results.
- Learn how light interacts with colours and gain expertise in creating fast watercolour sketches with a limited palette.
- Become proficient in the usage of negative space so you can create eye catching compositions.
Foundations of Painting 2
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the relationships between intensity, hue, tone and colour temperature so you have maximum control over your painting.
- Improve your perception of colour and tone while mastering the medium so you can mix exactly the colours you want.
- Learn advanced techniques that will make your paintings look richer and more believable.
Colour and Light
- Learn advanced techniques to depict colour and light developed by the Impressionists and based on the actual physics of light
- Train your eye to see subtle differences in value, hue, and saturation to create rich and nuanced effects with light and colour
- Understand different lighting situations and how and when to use them to create the mood and atmosphere you want in your paintings
- Accurately capture the essence of your model!
- Become proficient at a simple and powerful method for clearly communicating the form, colour and values of the human figure
- Learn from a master figure painter trained in the methods of the classical schools of realistic painting
Digital Sketching for Production
- Gain mastery in the fundamentals so you can create stunningly realistic digital illustration
- Learn how to draw and render effectively and efficiently using Photoshop
- Understand how to leverage your increased knowledge of fundamentals so you can speed up your workflow while creating more credible concept art
Intro to Environment Design
- Learn to design environments that drive the storyline and enhance the overall audience experience
- Avoid the common design pitfalls that derail the concept art process and disrupt your progress
- Acquire methods to efficiently use lighting, mood and navigational techniques to elevate your design and amplify the viewer’s experience.
Prop and Vehicle Design using 3D-Coat
- Learn a cutting edge design process from a master of entertainment, mech and vehicle design
- Acquire a powerful design language and understand the five basic elements that make a design good or bad
- Become proficient in advanced rendering techniques so you can create jaw-dropping concept art
- Become proficient posing and painting your characters and giving them a feeling of weight and volume.
- Understand the five most common mistakes which make your character paintings look unprofessional and learn to avoid them
- Learn the best methods for rendering skin, hair and clothing.
Composition, Lighting and Illustration
- Become proficient in the essential principles of composition so you can create realistic and visually compelling illustrations
- Acquire the skills to quickly create a variety of unique and interesting thumbnail sketches so you have strong base for your final illustration.
- Learn how to effectively choose the optimal light source so you can create the desired mood and atmosphere for your illustrations