Online Art Instructor
Part Time, Remote
Teacher Artwork by Meinert Hansen
We are looking for passionate and skilled individuals to join our team as Online Art Instructors. As an Instructor, you will be teaching our online students art fundamentals and imparting the technical knowledge necessary to improve their skills and build a portfolio. You will be demonstrating your process and best practices, guiding students through a series of exercises, and delivering weekly feedback.
Our Instructors provide hands-on instruction and guidance on a variety of assignments throughout the course of their classes and most find that this constant analysis sharpens their own critical thinking skills, as well as creative and problem-solving abilities.
If you have the skills we are looking for and want to be part of something rewarding, we want to hear from you!
- Prepare course content in a timely and organized manner
- Communicate with Director of Studies regarding student issues, course content, and other related matters
- Demonstrate art process live
- Instruct, guide and critique students in a professional manner
- Participate in teacher meetings if necessary
Skills and Requirements
- High level of creativity and problem-solving skills
- Highly versatile with an understanding of best practices for reaching a visual target
- Strong technical aptitude in Adobe Photoshop
- Preferred but not mandatory: Knowledge of integrating 3D production techniques into a concept art workflow. Ability to use Blender and/or other 3D software programs.
- Must have more than 3 years of professional experience in one (or more) of the following areas:
-Traditional drawing (Life/gesture/figure drawing/landscape)
-Character concept art
-Environment concept art
-Prop and/or Vehicle concept art
-Creature concept art
- Solid grasp on art fundamentals
- Highly organized individual with a passion for leading and mentoring. Open to sharing techniques and workflow.
- An effective communicator capable of efficiently diagnosing problems and producing appropriately focused solutions
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Remote work available to Canadians and Internationals, classes conducted online.
At Syn Studio, we strive to make quality arts education more accessible than ever before. Since 2007, we've been helping amateur and professional artists take their skills to the next level.
Syn Studio has become a recognized leader in the field of concept art training and our passion for training great artists and preparing them for successful careers in the industry has led to rapid growth in all of our arts programs. As such, we are seeking skillful and passionate traditional artists, concept artists and illustrators who can join our team and help train the next generation of great artists for years to come. We're always on the lookout for exceptional artists who can bring their passion and expertise to help make our school even stronger!