Concept Art AEC Instructor
Part Time, Onsite
Teacher Artwork by Meinert Hansen
We are looking for passionate and skilled individuals to join our team as Concept Art Diploma Instructors. As an Instructor, you will be teaching our diploma students fundamental theory and technical processes essential in the creation of compelling industry-ready concept art (in your given area of expertise). You will be coaching students on a variety of art styles and helping them meet set requirements. You will be delivering feedback and solving design issues, evaluating classwork, and assigning grades.
Our Instructors provide hands-on experience and guidance on a variety of assignments throughout the course of their classes and most find that this constant analysis sharpens their own critical thinking skills, as well as creative and problem-solving abilities.
If you have the skills we are looking for and want to be part of something rewarding, we want to hear from you!
- Prepare course content in a timely and organized manner
- Evaluate classwork and assign grades according to a predetermined schedule
- Communicate with Director of Studies regarding student issues, course content, grading and other related matters
- Demonstrate art process live
- Instruct, guide and critique students in a professional manner
- Assist students in the creation of artwork that meets industry standards and expectations
- Participate in teacher meetings and company meetings if necessary
Skills and Requirements
- High level of creativity and problem-solving skills
- Highly versatile with an ability to flexibly move between art styles with an understanding of best practices for reaching the visual target
- Strong technical aptitude in Adobe Photoshop
- Preferred but not mandatory: Knowledge of integrating 3D production techniques into a concept art workflow. Ability to use Blender and/or other 3D software programs.
- A high proficiency in ideation and producing iterative designs, clarifying and over painting design changes.
- Must have more than 5 years professional experience in one (or more) of the following areas:
-Traditional drawing (Life/gesture/figure drawing/landscape)
-Character concept art
-Environment concept art
-Prop and/or Vehicle concept art
-Creature concept art
- Solid grasp on art fundamentals, functional design and stylization.
- Highly organized individual with an eye for details, precision and a passion for leading and mentoring. Open to sharing techniques and workflow.
- An effective communicator capable of efficiently diagnosing problems and producing appropriately focused solutions
- Ability to maintain visual coherency in concept work
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- College / University degree in Art related field (including architecture and industrial design).
- Must be a Montreal resident and be a Canadian citizen/Permanent resident or possess a valid work permit
Classes conducted onsite in Montreal, QC.
At Syn Studio, we strive to make quality arts education more accessible than ever before. Since 2007, we've been helping amateur and professional artists take their skills to the next level.
Syn Studio has become a recognized leader in the field of concept art training and our passion for training great artists and preparing them for successful careers in the industry has led to rapid growth in all of our arts programs. As such, we are seeking skillful and passionate traditional artists, concept artists and illustrators who can join our team and help train the next generation of great artists for years to come. We're always on the lookout for exceptional artists who can bring their passion and expertise to help make our school even stronger!Apply Now