Drawing Classes in Montreal
Drawing from Life
- Learn the five basic skills of drawing
- Our blend of traditional and modern teaching styles helps everyone learn to draw realistically
- Draw in a warm and cosy atmosphere
- Our innovative teaching methods are recognized by the English Montreal School Board where we've trained dozens of art teachers
Drawing the Human Form
- Become comfortable, confident and competent drawing live models
- Truly understand the human body in three dimensions so you can bring out the form no matter what the model's position or how foreshortened the pose.
- Learn some tips and tricks for drawing a more convincing and life-like silhouette that even many professionals don't know!
- Gain a powerful method to sketch anything with speed and accuracy
- Learn to construct your drawings and draw-through just like the top artists in the entertainment industry as well as in commercial and fine art
- Develop a strong foundation for drawing from life and design from imagination
- Learn five essential techniques for constructing your drawings
- Understand how to represent movement
- Overcome your perceptual limitations and develop a trained eye
- Understand the three most common mistakes artists make when trying to draw moving bodies and objects and learn to avoid them
Urban Sketching in Perspective
- Become proficient in one of the most important skills in visual arts: drawing in perspective!
- Understand the 5 most common mistakes which make your drawings look less realistic and learn how to avoid them
- Acquire a step-by-step method for analyzing any urban scene or constructing your own realistic and well-rendered objects and environments
Constructive Figure Drawing
- Gain expertise in representing the human figure as a combination of simple forms so you represent the human body from imagination with proper proportion, volume and depth.
- Become proficient in visualizing the head as a series of planes so you can accurately construct and render the human head from imagination
- Learn how light describes form and creates volume so you can apply correct shading to any figure to make it appear 3-dimensional.
Drawing The Head and Features
- Learn to draw believable heads with a convincing sense of form and three-dimensionality
- Understand how to draw facial features accurately and to adjust for individual differences so you can capture someone's unique likeness
- Gain proficiency drawing facial expressions that communicate emotion, intention and personality
Advanced Figure Drawing
- Learn the most powerful techniques to beautifully depict male and female figures
- Understand how the most important joints of the human body allow our characteristic movements so that you can construct authentic and lifelike figures in motion
- Gain expertise in representing the major muscle groups in a variety of poses so you can convincingly depict both male and female forms