Traditional Art Classes
Drawing from Life
- Learn the five basic skills of drawing
- Our blend of traditional and modern teaching styles helps everyone learn to draw realistically
- Draw in a warm and cosy atmosphere
- Our innovative teaching methods are recognized by the English Montreal School Board where we've trained dozens of art teachers
- Gain a powerful method to sketch anything with speed and accuracy
- Learn to construct your drawings and draw-through just like the top artists in the entertainment industry as well as in commercial and fine art
- Develop a strong foundation for drawing from life and design from imagination
Drawing the Human Form
- Become comfortable, confident and competent drawing live models
- Truly understand the human body in three dimensions so you can bring out the form no matter what the model's position or how foreshortened the pose.
- Learn some tips and tricks for drawing a more convincing and life-like silhouette that even many professionals don't know!
- Learn five essential techniques for constructing your drawings
- Understand how to represent movement
- Overcome your perceptual limitations and develop a trained eye
- Understand the three most common mistakes artists make when trying to draw moving bodies and objects and learn to avoid them
Urban Sketching in Perspective
- Become proficient in one of the most important skills in visual arts: drawing in perspective!
- Understand the 5 most common mistakes which make your drawings look less realistic and learn how to avoid them
- Acquire a step-by-step method for analyzing any urban scene or constructing your own realistic and well-rendered objects and environments
Foundations of Painting
- Learn a basic, step-by-step method for direct painting that's so fast and efficient that teachers from others schools come to take this class!
- Get comfortable mixing colours, blending tones, and working in oil
- Understand how to use tonality, intensity, and colour temperature to create form, depth, strong compositions, contrasts, and harmonies
Expressive Painting in Watercolour
- Learn a simple, fun, fast and forgiving method for watercolour painting that you can use with live models, photographic reference or plein-air landscape/architectural work.
- Understand how to prepare your painting so you can work quickly, spontaneously and freely, taking advantage of happy accidents, expressing mood and atmosphere while preserving realism and accuracy.
Urban Sketching in Perspective 2
- Gain expertise in measuring angles from real structures so you can easily draw urban landscapes with believable depth and level of detail
- Learn how to accurately draw any urban setting, complete with vehicles, road signs and architectural elements in 3-point perspective
- Acquire the skills required to create vibrant silhouette studies and select and enhance the main subject of the composition
Advanced Animal Drawing
- Gain a deeper understanding of the anatomy and characteristic gestures of quadrupeds so you can accurately depict them in action.
- Become proficient in adding subtle expressions to your drawings so you can portray convincing emotions.
- Hone your observation skills with drawing from life exercises to create fantastic animal and creature concept art and illustration.
- Become proficient in the most powerful painting techniques and learn when to use each to get the best results.
- Learn how light interacts with colours and gain expertise in creating fast watercolour sketches with a limited palette.
- Become proficient in the usage of negative space so you can create eye catching compositions.
Foundations of Painting 2
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the relationships between intensity, hue, tone and colour temperature so you have maximum control over your painting.
- Improve your perception of colour and tone while mastering the medium so you can mix exactly the colours you want.
- Learn advanced techniques that will make your paintings look richer and more believable.
Colour and Light
- Learn advanced techniques to depict colour and light developed by the Impressionists and based on the actual physics of light
- Train your eye to see subtle differences in value, hue, and saturation to create rich and nuanced effects with light and colour
- Understand different lighting situations and how and when to use them to create the mood and atmosphere you want in your paintings
- Accurately capture the essence of your model!
- Become proficient at a simple and powerful method for clearly communicating the form, colour and values of the human figure
- Learn from a master figure painter trained in the methods of the classical schools of realistic painting