Traditional Art Classes
Drawing from Life
- Learn the five basic skills of drawing
- Our blend of traditional and modern teaching styles helps everyone learn to draw realistically
- Draw in a warm and cosy atmosphere
- Our innovative teaching methods are recognized by the English Montreal School Board where we've trained dozens of art teachers
- Gain a powerful method to sketch anything with speed and accuracy
- Learn to construct your drawings and draw-through just like the top artists in the entertainment industry as well as in commercial and fine art
- Develop a strong foundation for drawing from life and design from imagination
Drawing the Human Form
- Become comfortable, confident and competent drawing live models
- Truly understand the human body in three dimensions so you can bring out the form no matter what the model's position or how foreshortened the pose.
- Learn some tips and tricks for drawing a more convincing and life-like silhouette that even many professionals don't know!
- Learn five essential techniques for constructing your drawings
- Understand how to represent movement
- Overcome your perceptual limitations and develop a trained eye
- Understand the three most common mistakes artists make when trying to draw moving bodies and objects and learn to avoid them
Urban Sketching in Perspective
- Become proficient in one of the most important skills in visual arts: drawing in perspective!
- Understand the 5 most common mistakes which make your drawings look less realistic and learn how to avoid them
- Acquire a step-by-step method for analyzing any urban scene or constructing your own realistic and well-rendered objects and environments
Drawing The Head and Features
- Learn to draw believable heads with a convincing sense of form and three-dimensionality
- Understand how to draw facial features accurately and to adjust for individual differences so you can capture someone's unique likeness
- Gain proficiency drawing facial expressions that communicate emotion, intention and personality
Analytical Sketching 2
- Take your analytical sketching skills to the next level and improve your ability to design effectively in 3D
- Learn how to create realistic production ready concept sketches from imagination
- Become proficient in key techniques that separate successful professional concept artists from amateurs
Foundations of Painting
- Learn a basic, step-by-step method for direct painting that's so fast and efficient that teachers from others schools come to take this class!
- Get comfortable mixing colours, blending tones, and working in oil
- Understand how to use tonality, intensity, and colour temperature to create form, depth, strong compositions, contrasts, and harmonies
Foundations of Painting 2
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the relationships between intensity, hue, tone and colour temperature so you have maximum control over your painting.
- Improve your perception of colour and tone while mastering the medium so you can mix exactly the colours you want.
- Learn advanced techniques that will make your paintings look richer and more believable.
Expressive Painting in Watercolour
- Learn a simple, fun, fast and forgiving method for watercolour painting that you can use with live models, photographic reference or plein-air landscape/architectural work.
- Understand how to prepare your painting so you can work quickly, spontaneously and freely, taking advantage of happy accidents, expressing mood and atmosphere while preserving realism and accuracy.
Colour and Light
- Learn advanced techniques to depict colour and light developed by the Impressionists and based on the actual physics of light
- Train your eye to see subtle differences in value, hue, and saturation to create rich and nuanced effects with light and colour
- Understand different lighting situations and how and when to use them to create the mood and atmosphere you want in your paintings
- Accurately capture the essence of your model!
- Become proficient at a simple and powerful method for clearly communicating the form, colour and values of the human figure
- Learn from a master figure painter trained in the methods of the classical schools of realistic painting
Figure and Portrait Master Class
- Paint interesting models of different ages and ethnic backgrounds
- Learn from a portrait artist who's won commissions to paint the portraits of dozens of the most famous Canadians and Americans
- Acquire the skills and confidence to reach the next level in your career as an artist or simply to paint beautiful portraits of your loved ones if you are a hobbyist