Figure Drawing Workshop
The Anatomy of Style with Patrick J. Jones
Teacher Artwork by Patrick J. Jones
Patrick J.Jones Workshop- The Anatomy of Style
Do you have basic skill in figure drawing but wish to draw truly beautiful, stylistic and dynamic anatomically correct figures that will set you apart from other artists? Do you want to master anatomy and gain the capacity to depict the human form in all of its movement, weight and glory?
Syn Studio is proud to launch a 3 week Figure Drawing Workshop with Master Artist Patrick J.Jones, an award winning artist, author and teacher. Patrick has worked as an illustrator for book covers by famous authors such as H.G. Wells and as a concept artist for Lucasfilm and Disney Studios on titles such as Peter Pan.
During this workshop, you will learn Patrick’s unique approach to drawing the figure based on structure, gesture and anatomy, titled “The Anatomy of Style”. Working from basic forms and using memory tools, you will gain a deep understanding of structure and anatomy. And by following Patrick’s exclusive step-by-step guidance and exercises, this method will become second nature, enabling you to draw more confident and stylish lines and ultimately leading you to develop your own powerful and interesting personal style.
By the end of this workshop you will have learned a powerful and unique technique to draw both still and dynamic figures in action. The tools and methods taught will strengthen your understanding of the figure drawing process, enabling you to create stronger, more tightly rendered and visually appealing stylistic figure drawings.
We have only 15 spaces available for this exclusive workshop and we expect them to sell quickly so please register below if you are interested.
Learn more about Partck J. Jones' artwork here: https://www.pjartworks.com/
The workshop's duration is 3 weeks. Each week begins with a 3 hour pre-recorded video workshop for students to draw along at their own pace and concludes with a live online feedback and Q&A session as well as draw over correction of student work.
The schedule is as follows:
First recorded workshop release date - Monday, July 6, 2020
First live Q&A session with draw-overs - Sunday, July 12, 2020 from 6 PM to 9 PM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT or UTC -4)
Second recorded workshop release date - Monday, July 13, 2020
Second live Q&A session with draw-overs - Sunday, July 19, 2020 from 6 PM to 9 PM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT or UTC -4)
Final recorded workshop release date - Monday, July 20, 2020
Final live Q&A session with draw-overs - Sunday, July 26, 2020 from 6 PM to 9 PM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT or UTC -4)
This workshop is aimed at artists who have some basic skill and experience in figure drawing.
Note: The language of instruction for this workshop is English
Have your favourite drawing tools ready for this workshop
Tech Requirements for Attending Syn Studio Online Classes
- A strong uninterrupted broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE) connection with a minimum 600kbps bandwidth (up/down).
- A Laptop/Desktop computer equipped with a single core processor (at least 1 GHZ processing speed) or a smartphone/tablet with equivalent processing capabilities
- Good speakers/earphones to listen to the classes
- Browser - IE7+, Safari 5+, Firefox, Chrome
- Operating System - Windows XP, Mac OS 10.6, Linux distro based on 3.0 kernel, Android 5.0, iOS 10
Syn Studio Recommendations
- A strong uninterrupted broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE) connection with a minimum 1.5Mbps bandwidth (up/down). You can also connect to the internet directly using your ethernet cable to improve your experience.
- Laptop/Desktop computer equipped with a dual core processor with at least 2 GHZ processing speed and a 4 GB RAM
- High Quality speakers/earphones to listen to the classes
- Browser & Operating System - We recommend using the latest version of the browser and operating system for an optimal online classroom experience.
Syn Studio offers the highest quality education at the most affordable prices.
Less than 3 spaces available for this exclusive workshop and we expect them to sell quickly so please register below if you are interested.
Summer term classes begin on Monday, July 6th. Late registration still available for some classes
You will soon receive an email receipt for your purchase.
Please bring a photo ID for the first day of class.
Your transaction was not completed. Please try again. If the problem persists, please email us at [email protected] or call us at 514-998-7625
"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do."