Interior Concept Design
Learn to envision, design, and paint a richly immersive two-story interior space from start to finish.
Teacher Artwork by Paulo Galamgam
This class is currently unavailable. However, this class might be back in the future, if there is enough interest. You can express your interest and reserve your spot for a future term by clicking on this button.
Interior Concept Design
In this course, you will learn to create a complete two-story interior space from start to finish. You will learn to effectively conceptualize and develop your very own interior design using 2-point perspective as well as 3D software.
Over the term, your instructor will guide you through essential design principles, enabling you to create an interior that communicates a strong narrative that really helps to sell your design. Take the guesswork out of your interiors and tackle them head-on in an organized step-by-step process which will enable you to create your very own professional-looking interior environments!
- Course Type Inactive Classes
- Duration 10 Weeks
Level 4Level 4
This expert-level is for students who are ready to boost their portfolio and design process to a professional level.
This level is about discovering and diving deeper into new tools (such as 3D), further polishing and rendering work and exploring professional pipelines of the entertainment industry.
- Language English
"Really love Paulo Galamgam's class."( Spring 2022 )
"This was an extremely fun class! It gave me a chance to try something I hadn't explored much before and Paulo was helpful from beginning to end."( Winter 2023 )
"Teacher was extremely knowledgeable and friendly, feedback was super helpful and I feel like I really improved during the course."( Summer 2022 )
"I struggled to keep up with the 3D part of the class. But I learned so much. I’m extremely grateful for the experience."( Summer 2022 )
"Really loved this class, it was great to take and I enjoyed all the feedback I got for my project, Paulo made sure our projects went well!"( Summer 2022 )
Note: This class will be offered online only
Class Timings: TBD
Date of first class: TBD
Duration: 10 weeks
If you are unable to attend the class during the times listed above, you will still have access to video recordings of the class lectures and will still receive personalized feedback from your instructor.
To enroll in this course you should have:
- Intermediate drawing and digital painting skills (use of proper perspective, proportions, shading and colour).
- Proficiency in Photoshop.
- Some 3D modelling experience in either Blender, Maya, Modo, or 3ds Max.
- Ideally completed our Digital Painting, Intro to Concept Art,and Analytical Sketching classes or have equivalent practice/experience.
If you are unsure of your skill level, please contact [email protected] for additional guidance.
Language and age requirements
You should have at least intermediate level English to take this class. Please be advised that there could be artistic nudity in our classes. Students should be 14 years old to enroll.
The instructor will be using Procreate to explain his process, and during class demos. You can use either Photoshop or Procreate for your work.
You need to have a desktop computer or a laptop with Photoshop or Procreate installed and a graphic tablet sensitive to pen pressure (such as a Wacom tablet), or you need a tablet computer with Photoshop or Procreate installed that is sensitive to pen pressure (such as the Cintiq Companion).
Photoshop/ Procreate and the free software Blender and Sketchup must be installed and working properly BEFORE the first class, as well as your Wacom tablet. We will not have time to resolve technical issues in class.
Tech Requirements for Attending Syn Studio Online Classes
- A strong uninterrupted broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE) connection with a minimum 600kbps bandwidth (up/down).
- A Laptop/Desktop computer equipped with a single core processor (at least 1 GHZ processing speed) or a smartphone/tablet with equivalent processing capabilities
- Good speakers/earphones to listen to the classes
- Browser - IE7+, Safari 5+, Firefox, Chrome
- Operating System - Windows XP, Mac OS 10.6, Linux distro based on 3.0 kernel, Android 5.0, iOS 10
Syn Studio Recommendations
- A strong uninterrupted broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE) connection with a minimum 1.5Mbps bandwidth (up/down). You can also connect to the internet directly using your ethernet cable to improve your experience.
- Laptop/Desktop computer equipped with a dual core processor with at least 2 GHZ processing speed and a 4 GB RAM
- High Quality speakers/earphones to listen to the classes
- Browser & Operating System - We recommend using the latest version of the browser and operating system for an optimal online classroom experience.
*Please note that the following outline is subject to change slightly at the teacher's discretion.
10 week summary
Week 1: Research & ref board based on design brief.
Week 2: Creating rough thumbnails for design exploration. Further work on 1 chosen thumbnail. Create a base room and floor plan. Iterate on preferred idea.
Week 3: 3D basics in either Sketchup or Blender
Week 4: Begin modelling in the simplest way possible your 3D interior.
Week 5: More complex modelling (like arches, stairs etc). Basic colors in 3D. UV mapping & lighting.
Week 6: Full feedback session.
Week 7: Drawing over the 3D model in Photoshop. Line weight for separation.
Week 8: Color and personality/mood. Light sources and shadows.
Week 9: Adding details. Photobashing & texture work.
Week 10: Full final feedback session.
Questions and Assistance
Please consult our FAQ; most of the commonly asked questions are answered in detail there. If you cannot find the answer to your question, please feel free to fill out the form below, or, send an email to [email protected]
"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do."