Concept Art and Illustration Classes
Intro to Concept Art
- Become proficient in a powerful method of visual communication so you can convey your ideas through your concepts in a compelling manner
- Gain proficiency in shape design and language so you can easily create multiple concepts with differing personalities
- Acquire expertise in all the steps in the concept art process so you can create visually stunning concept art pieces
- Become proficient posing and painting your characters and giving them a feeling of weight and volume.
- Understand the five most common mistakes which make your character paintings look unprofessional and learn to avoid them
- Learn the best methods for rendering skin, hair and clothing.
Composition, Lighting and Illustration
- Become proficient in the essential principles of composition so you can create realistic and visually compelling illustrations
- Acquire the skills to quickly create a variety of unique and interesting thumbnail sketches so you have strong base for your final illustration.
- Learn how to effectively choose the optimal light source so you can create the desired mood and atmosphere for your illustrations
Digital Sketching for Production
- Gain mastery in the fundamentals so you can create stunningly realistic digital illustration
- Learn how to draw and render effectively and efficiently using Photoshop
- Understand how to leverage your increased knowledge of fundamentals so you can speed up your workflow while creating more credible concept art
Intro to Environment Design
- Learn to design environments that drive the storyline and enhance the overall audience experience
- Avoid the common design pitfalls that derail the concept art process and disrupt your progress
- Acquire methods to efficiently use lighting, mood and navigational techniques to elevate your design and amplify the viewer’s experience.
Prop and Vehicle Design using 3D-Coat
- Learn a cutting edge design process from a master of entertainment, mech and vehicle design
- Acquire a powerful design language and understand the five basic elements that make a design good or bad
- Become proficient in advanced rendering techniques so you can create jaw-dropping concept art